Wednesday, August 18, 2010

the wednesday chef



I love to cook.  I love to bake.  I find that it relaxes me to be in the kitchen.  I must get it from my mom who, when not sleeping, can always be found in the kitchen cooking.  I like getting the list ready, grocery shopping, organizing the ingredients, prepping, chopping, cooking, tasting, and smelling everything.  I especially love to do this with a glass of red wine - that is perfect.

It has been a while since I've done this and made a meal for Jeff.  So, this week, I declared, that I am going to make him dinner.  Chicken.  (This is not a shocker to those that know me.  I do love chicken.)  Another criteria is that it has to be easy and not take three hours to make, simply because Jackson does not have that kind of patience!  I searched for a recipe and found this fantastic blog, The Wednesday Chef (I even love the name)!  This lemon chicken recipe was voted "Best of the Web" on saveur.com.  It only has seven ingredients - five of which can probably be found in your pantry (olive oil, butter, lemon, salt, and pepper).  The kicker is that it is topped with a lemon-creme fraiche sauce!

It looks divine, yet seems so simple!  I am looking forward to making this lovely dish...but not tonight.  So, I guess you are going to have to call me the "Friday chef"...

(Image and recipe via The Wednesday Chef)

2 comments: