Friday, August 20, 2010

just like the good ol' days






...when Jeff and I used to make lovely dinners at home and eat together at the dinner table with a bottle of wine.  These days, we are a little busier, of course, and often have quicker meals and plenty of leftovers.  But oh tonight, we had a feast.

Here are some pics of the sweetest heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and delicious lemon chicken that I made.   We picked up the few ingredients that we needed from our neighborhood market and butcher, Marlow & Daughters.  As suggested in The Wednesday Chef, the chicken was accompanied by some rice which worked out nicely as it soaked up the lemon creme-fraiche sauce. Delicious.  It will definitely be a "go-to" recipe in my house.  Jeff got the last licks of the spoon while I got to take the last bit of bread and wipe the platter clean!  As I sit here writing this, I am satisfied.

I hope your weekend offers plenty of delicious food and good company~

...happy weekend!

ps. These great photos were taken by my husband who also had full editing rights;)

No comments:

Post a Comment