Sunday, September 12, 2010

low and slow


I wanted to share one of the simplest cooking methods for salmon that I tried on Friday night.  I read about slow-roasting salmon here and here.  I decided to try it with the ingredients that I had on hand.  Here is the gist.  Set the oven at 250 degrees. A little salt, pepper and olive oil on the fish.  Put the two pieces of salmon on top of some sliced fennel and lemon.  30 minutes and done!  I just sprinkled on some fennel fronds for garnish.  

The best part of this cooking method, besides the delicious perfectly cooked salmon?  It's completely fine if you leave the salmon in the oven for longer than the 30 mins. No need to watch over it.  Apparently, there no way to overcook the salmon.  These easy recipes really come in handy nowadays!;)  









No comments:

Post a Comment